The Austrian-Canadian Society was founded in 2003 as a bilateral friendship society reflecting the general mission and vision of the "Federation of Austrian Foreign Societies - PaN - Partner of all Nations". It is open to individuals, regardless of nationality, or companies who are focused on improving bilateral relationships between Austria and Canada. In particular, collaborative activities in the fields of traditional diplomacy, business, science and culture as well as inter-personal relationships are fostered.
The Austrian-Canadian Society is an effective platform for a bilateral exchange between the two countries largely due to the fact that numerous members of the Society have lived, worked or studied in both Austria and Canada. The Society supports short and long-term Canadian expatriates, Austrian repatriates, and Canadianists in general while helping individuals or Austrian businesses establish contacts in Canada.
- September 20, 2023, Society Social @ Genusshandlung from 18:00,
- September 23, 2023: Wiener Weinwandertag . Meet up @ 10:30 @ Autobus 35A, stop Neustift am Walde.
- October 9, 2023: Fifth Annual ACS Thanksgiving Celebration Dinner @ Mayer am Pfarrplatz @ 18:30
- October 25, 2023: "circle of art" @Office Park, Towerstraße, Schwechat 16:00-22:00. Discover the works of fellow Society member Chantal Lamarre.
- Parkrun, Donaupark, 1220: A free, weekly, timed 5 km event, e very Saturday morning @ 9:00 at parks all over the world.
- Please see the September Newsletter.
In 2006 the Austrian-Canadian Society established the "Scientific Award of the Austrian-Canadian Society" as an academic initiative that has been going strong ever since. The Society awards this prestigious award and a monetary prize to an outstanding scientific paper in the field of Canadian studies. The students' thesis should ideally have a link to Austria and should be categorized into one of the following areas:
- Law and Economics
- Political Science and Sociology
- Literature and Linguistic Studies
- History and Geography
An annual hockey game where the proceeds support Vienna's "Hockey for Kids" initiative, a fabulous program founded and run by one of our Society Board members.
Copyright: Embassy of Canada, Vienna