The Austrian-Canadian Society was founded in 2003 as a bilateral friendship society reflecting the general mission and vision of the "Federation of Austrian Foreign Societies - PaN - Partner of all Nations". It is open to individuals, regardless of nationality, or companies who are focused on improving bilateral relationships between Austria and Canada. In particular, collaborative activities in the fields of traditional diplomacy, business, science and culture as well as inter-personal relationships are fostered.
The Austrian-Canadian Society is an effective platform for a bilateral exchange between the two countries largely due to the fact that numerous members of the Society have lived, worked or studied in both Austria and Canada. The Society supports short and long-term Canadian expatriates, Austrian repatriates, and Canadianists in general while helping individuals or Austrian businesses establish contacts in Canada.
- January 13, 2024: Special Event starting at 18:00 @ Relax and enjoy a sensory evening sipping wine and tasting cheese while reconnecting with friends and getting to know new members.
- January 27, 2024, Annual Society Social and Skating Event @ The Wiener Eislauf-Verein starting at 15:00, Svetlana Shuster is hosting ACS members and their families (children are welcome) to an afternoon of fun on the ice.
- February 15, 2024: "Gaslight" play by Patrick Hamilton @ Ateliertheater Burggasse 68, 1070 Wien. Performance starts at 19:30. Come join us for a drink (courtesy of the Society) before the performance , starting at 18:00.
- Parkrun, Donaupark, 1220: A free, weekly, timed 5 km event, e very Saturday morning @ 9:00 at parks all over the world.
- Please see the January/February Newsletter.
In 2006 the Austrian-Canadian Society established the "Scientific Award of the Austrian-Canadian Society" as an academic initiative that has been going strong ever since. The Society awards this prestigious award and a monetary prize to an outstanding scientific paper in the field of Canadian studies. The students' thesis should ideally have a link to Austria and should be categorized into one of the following areas:
- Law and Economics
- Political Science and Sociology
- Literature and Linguistic Studies
- History and Geography
An annual hockey game where the proceeds support Vienna's "Hockey for Kids" initiative, a fabulous program founded and run by one of our Society Board members.
Copyright: Embassy of Canada, Vienna